VN Ren'Py Abandoned Once Upon a Time in Dream Town [Ch. 5 Add.1 - SPECIAL EDITION] [VIGOR]

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes

sweetbrillant

May 11, 2024
It is a shame that there is no hope for continuation. Looking at the likes on Patreon posts, at least 24 people supported the game with the news of a possibility of continuation and at least 10 of them were $10 tier. There are 389 votes in the poll. So it is definetely not the lack of interest. There are 2 possibilities:

1- The girl changed her mind and did not want to continue the game.

2- Dev just wanted to make some extra money with false hope.

For 1, Dev would simply say that there will be no continuation or they will try looking for some new models.
For 2, Dev would simply post more content to milk more people and make them pay more.

It is hard to understand why Dev has not posted for more than 3 months and I guess it was the same problem with the Dev when the game was active.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Azeroth67000

Bubaa

Oct 6, 2017
It is a shame that there is no hope for continuation. Looking at the likes on Patreon posts, at least 24 people supported the game with the news of a possibility of continuation and at least 10 of them were $10 tier. There are 389 votes in the poll. So it is definetely not the lack of interest. There are 2 possibilities:

For 1, Dev would simply say that there will be no continuation or they will try looking for some new models.
For 2, Dev would simply post more content to milk more people and make them pay more.

It is hard to understand why Dev has not posted for more than 3 months and I guess it was the same problem with the Dev when the game was active.
Don't forget, that this game was made by Russians. Currently Russia invades Ukraine. Lot of Russian citizens were mobilized, lot of others escaped from the country to avoid mobilization or from economic or political reasons. Maybe the crew of this game is no longer together to continue work.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
(snip) There are 2 possibilities:

What you are really saying is that you lack the imagination to conceive of more than two possibilities. That's fine, but it would be wise not to advertise that fact.

There are many possibilities and we lack the evidence to support favoring any of them.

Reactions: Fish_lip

sweetbrillant

May 11, 2024
What you are really saying is that you lack the imagination to conceive of more than two possibilities. That's fine, but it would be wise not to advertise that fact.

There are many possibilities and we lack the evidence to support favoring any of them.
Of course. What I tried to mean was those are the most possible two cases for me. And as you can see I stated that both does not make much sense as the Dev has not posted anything for sometime. Maybe it is more about what Bubaa mentioned above.

Reactions: Azeroth67000

FearlessBOB

Aug 8, 2024
Man, this was awesome so far, I would love to see it continue, but the problem is you'd need $15k (AT LEAST) to even pay the two female models, and then you'd still need more money for locations, and electric bills to run the hardware.

I hope they make it work, but I won't hold my breath.

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Man, this was awesome so far, I would love to see it continue, but the problem is you'd need $15k (AT LEAST) to even pay the two female models, and then you'd still need more money for locations, and electric bills to run the hardware.

I hope they make it work, but I won't hold my breath.
You're thinking of US prices, even there, I am sure you can find models for a lot lower pay.
I am sure with 5k$ in a country with low wages you get all the footage you need to finish the game (a lot of chapters) including hardcore stuff.
Just look at the wages in the adult industry (not referring to onlyfans income which is very variable, but to productions from big names).
The hardware itself is on the cheap side considering you don't have to render anything, it's just photo editing.
Locations are the only real problem as long as those are more than apartments. I'm sure you could get away with some outdoor stuff cheaply in areas where there aren't any people. Anything else would be indeed hard to do.

Reactions: Humbold56

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
Teyrna

You can vote yourself and see the result. The post is available to everyone and everyone can take part in the voting, even those who do not have a paid subscription.

At the moment, 92% of voters voted for the continuation. The result gives rise to hope for a continuation, but I would like to see more voices)
the survey said however, only Elina's story without Tommy, which makes me think that there might be photos of full nudity but not of sex (since there is no male protagonist) Is the sex shown in the photos between the protagonists a reason for abandoning the game, or is it exclusively an economic reason?

Humbold56

May 3, 2017
You're thinking of US prices, even there, I am sure you can find models for a lot lower pay.
I am sure with 5k$ in a country with low wages you get all the footage you need to finish the game (a lot of chapters) including hardcore stuff.
Just look at the wages in the adult industry (not referring to onlyfans income which is very variable, but to productions from big names).
The hardware itself is on the cheap side considering you don't have to render anything, it's just photo editing.
Locations are the only real problem as long as those are more than apartments. I'm sure you could get away with some outdoor stuff cheaply in areas where there aren't any people. Anything else would be indeed hard to do.
I guess even 5k$ is considered high in some countries. Soldiers are now getting 2.3k$ a month in Russia to die in the war in Ukraine, so doing some photo shoots should not be more expensive.
Hardware wise I do fully agree. Hardware is already purchased. Therefore, finishing the game should not be a problem. I still assume other reasons behind it. Most of the photos do already exist for a long time as others have concluded based on meta data of the photos.

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes