Faceless0ne

Sep 8, 2018
As interesting as it might seem, I don't think that this one will even get close to the base game (the best mods for HTML Free Cities are a completly different beast) - not without cutting corners, content and customisation options. If not the game will be like 100GB and released in 2050 or so...
"100GB and released in 2050".... hey, i'm not making a triple A game here! :geek::LOL: This is not StarCitizen....
Giggedy.

I basicly called it.

Giggedy.

Amazigh.Dz

Mar 11, 2021
Finally got around to playing it a bit.

Some random thoughts:
- Lingua Franca: the languages listed are not languages but nationalities. E.g. Belgian is not a language, in Belgium they speak Dutch, French or German. In Algeria, the speak Arabic, not Algerian. Etc.

Otherwise there is not that much to see yet. But what is there looks pretty good in my opinion. Definately a huge improvement!

One thing I did always find a bit confusing about Free Cities was the many places you needed to check on to find your girls (penthouse, brothel, club, school etc etc). I see that you have more or less the same structure, maybe you need to find a way to deal with this problem. You could have a look at the relationship system in Crusader Kings. It's a different kind of game but I like how they handle characters and their relationships.
In Algeria we speak Algerian dialect wich is derived from Arabic, and we also speak different kind of amazigh language depending on the region

tetrisedris

Jul 1, 2017
It's so over now.
the insane part is that he still has 2 patreons, after not posting for over 2 years.
sure those probably just kicked a buck, but man. no wonder half these new devs just quit if people are so willing to spend.

step 1 - promise a rewash of a game people liked (Free Cities, Akabur, Breeding Season, Annas Affection, those names)
step 2 - deliver a half assed alpha and make a patreon for it
step 3 - retards shit money at you because they need more consooooomption
step 4 - ???
step 5 - abandon game and profit.

Jan 18, 2021
As mentioned by the developer more than a year ago, this game is on hold, not abandoned. But maybe this is just a way to keep patrons waiting so that they do not cancel their support?

If I compare that with the current Free Cities (pregmod), I see for the first three weeks of this month 39 commits by 8 different developers, modifying 85 files. And one new alpha release: 4.0.0-alpha.26. So it is easy to see which game is the most active.
the newest pregmod update has new 3D artpacks available, but theyr still in active development
Yes, the 3D art in pregmod is very nice, even if it is only for the portraits and not for the buildings or other parts of the game. However, the updates to the 3D art (WebGL) come in bursts: sometimes nothing happens for several months and then suddenly several big updates happen within a few weeks. It looks like we are in one of those quiet periods for the moment: the last significant update to the WebGL code was in January.

Reactions: jamonserrano
3.80 star(s) 4 Votes