Collection Video BlobCG collection [2024-09-14] [BlobCG]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

scrumb

Oct 14, 2023
I have a valve index, how do you play the VR videos on a HMD?
You need a VR video player. I personally use Whirligig on steam but it isn't free. Still a pretty good one. Has a whole file browser in there where you can select the VR file to load while wearing the goggles. And then you get options to adjust the view to the type of video it is: side-by-side (often abbreviated as SBS), up and down (don't acutally know the name of this) and so on. You can also define the FOV and that.

IIRC, BlobCG videos are side by side 180º videos in "barrel" mode (as opposed to fisheye mode). Whirligig saves the settings per video. Also, depending on the video files, you need to download extra video codecs. Download and install LAVFilters for that. I don't remember if that's the case with Blobcg's videos

I remember trying to find a VR player when I first got mine and I was having a real problem looking for one. I eventually settled on Whirligig and it works great. If anyone here knows a free alternative be my guest. A cool thing Whirligig allows is the use of a normal xbox controller or otherwise (non vr controllers) which I find more convenient to having a hand free.

Reactions: Ars Almal

Steelfly

Jan 3, 2024
You need a VR video player. I personally use Whirligig on steam but it isn't free. Still a pretty good one. Has a whole file browser in there where you can select the VR file to load while wearing the goggles. And then you get options to adjust the view to the type of video it is: side-by-side (often abbreviated as SBS), up and down (don't acutally know the name of this) and so on. You can also define the FOV and that.

IIRC, BlobCG videos are side by side 180º videos in "barrel" mode (as opposed to fisheye mode). Whirligig saves the settings per video. Also, depending on the video files, you need to download extra video codecs. Download and install LAVFilters for that. I don't remember if that's the case with Blobcg's videos

I remember trying to find a VR player when I first got mine and I was having a real problem looking for one. I eventually settled on Whirligig and it works great. If anyone here knows a free alternative be my guest. A cool thing Whirligig allows is the use of a normal xbox controller or otherwise (non vr controllers) which I find more convenient to having a hand free.
PlayaVR is pretty decent too.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote