zerpletops

Jun 2, 2020
imo Agarest Zero is a direct upgrade to this considering it has the entire first game abridged packed into it as postgame content (or immediately if you inherit a first game save)

if anyone who had the same brainrot I did enjoys this game, consider giving Zero a try

Anyways, whether you like the game or not, look up the soundtrack, the boss themes in particular are very well done, in particular the "xxx chase" set (faster chase, sword chase, final chase, truth chase) and my personal favorite the chaos theme "king of terrors". the boss music made the hundreds of hours of literal nothing somewhat bearable.

it's a real shame honestly because you'll be hearing the generic fight music for 99% of the game, all of the good music is for single fights half the time.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Anyone here fan of the Musou/Warriors series? Specially the Empires spin-offs? This is what I always wanted for an Empires game: a generational system. Like, in the Samurai Warriors series, it took Nobunaga, Hideyoshi and Ieyasu to finally unite the land. Give me an Empires experience like that.
Same opinion.
The Empire series would be so much better if they added this system to make the game even more interesting than already is, but then again would mean adding so much stuff after the usual settings of the three reigns war (for Dynasty at least) and I doubt Koei would ever do that. So In this sense, even a storytelling or a video at the end of each campaign with us, the wife and the son/daughter we had would be awesome to have.

One thing that I didn't liked about the Samurai one tho was the fact that there instead you can't have any daughter/son. But then you get that into Dynasty but it's totally "generic". Like in the previous versions even if you married the girl you wanted, when in battle she still treated you like a generic officer and not your husband. Even the child you get treated you like a generic officer. This whole stuff really need an overhaul, but again, it's Koei. I doubt they will ever do it anytime soon.

• Hey there
Reactions: Suiko

GIlgamesh753

Mar 22, 2018
I remember Playing this game, I've still got the official on Steam. It's kind of sad because it seems like most of the writing effort went into the first and the last generations and the rest are just there. Like in the second generation I think Ladius only talks to Zevra once in the entire generation even though in my playthrough he's literally his uncle.

The Concept of Breeding the ultimate warrior over multiple generations was intriguing but they just didn't deliver. And the game ended up being ridiculously grindy for no reason other than padding since you could blast through a generation in a couple of hours if that if you were over-leveled or just strong enough to not need to grind. Trust me you want Cheat Engine to skip the grind but they borked that with recent updates.

Also fuck that Forest level on the Third generation. Multiple hours of running through the same place to try and get it to spit you out where you want, No indication where to go given in the game, and the directions online didn't work either.

Zero was a much better version which improved immensely on the flaws of the first game.

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
Was this game censored in any way shape or form? Like was there originally sex but it was all cut because loli? Or maybe references to lolis or anything? Just wonder If i should download it or not.

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
Was this game censored in any way shape or form? Like was there originally sex but it was all cut because loli? Or maybe references to lolis or anything? Just wonder If i should download it or not.
If you want to download for explicit sex scenes don't do it, it's a strategic VN game. As far as I know the scenes are meant to be like this. If you want to try it even with the lack of sex scenes it's up to you.

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
If you want to download for explicit sex scenes don't do it, it's a strategic VN game. As far as I know the scenes are meant to be like this. If you want to try it even with the lack of sex scenes it's up to you.
The reason I ask is because reading on steam saying these games are censored, especially the agarast 2 and I didn't want to try this if it had any censorship at all. So what your saying there is no censorship at least for this game? Also is each game a stand alone story so If I play this for for example I won't need to play 2 or and sequels?

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
The reason I ask is because reading on steam saying these games are censored, especially the agarast 2 and I didn't want to try this if it had any censorship at all. So what your saying there is no censorship at least for this game? Also is each game a stand alone story so If I play this for for example I won't need to play 2 or and sequels?
If my memory doesn't mislead me in this game there are no explicit sex scenes like an average eroge. I played it 7 years ago but i don't think they've added sexual content in this game. The only thing you can see is when you are with the girl of your choice in the bedroom or other similar scenes. There is something that connects Agarest 1, zero and 2 but is something related the same world but with hundreds years(?) between a game and the other... so the answer is you can play each game of this series without playing the other because the story is an end in itself, it starts maybe with some casual reference to the past but it has its own story.

Reactions: Trickstar

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
The only "censorship" was them not localizing a dlc character for the European version which the steam version is based on and like removing 2-3 cg while still keeping the scenes themselves in the game just with a black screen and I think that's only for Agarest War 2 anyway not this one.

Reactions: Trickstar

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
Okay thanks for letting me know guys, glad this one seems to not be censored garbage. Though I have 1 more question, it brough up my firewall and asked for access. Is that because it is a stream cracked game? Been a while since I downloaded a steam game on this site.

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
Okay thanks for letting me know guys, glad this one seems to not be censored garbage. Though I have 1 more question, it brough up my firewall and asked for access. Is that because it is a stream cracked game? Been a while since I downloaded a steam game on this site.
My firewall always pops up with almost every game I run for the first time so I can't answer to this one. :LOL:
I can say that every game with steam cracks make my firewall show so it's probably it.
My own copy is clean though and I don't see in this thread viruses reports.

frontlinecool

Feb 21, 2019
So the mods nuked my review because, reasons, so i'm just here to tell you AGOFOE whatever the fuck it's name is, is the worst game i have played, with a few contenders. didn't even make it through the first hour on 3 tries. just a warning.
mods always nuke negative reviews, it is like they are pretending to be goodie2shoes in an adult game forums i gave up reviewing since the circle is run by 'friends'

• Angry
Reactions: Alfre4u

Fartland

Apr 3, 2021
Are you really asking if the game is fun if it's compressed or are you asking for a more compressed copy of the game?
Nope..i mean it will reduce the size of the game...downloading 5 gb games is quite stupid lol...tho the story is just as long as the games in playstore with only 180 mb...

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
Nope..i mean it will reduce the size of the game...downloading 5 gb games is quite stupid lol...tho the story is just as long as the games in playstore with only 180 mb...
Ok is the second one then :unsure:. I dunno who does it here usually, but with mega I didn't have problems with this size.
Let's see if there is someone who can read the post and help you with your request.

ElSuape

Jan 28, 2021
I have this game on PS3, still sealed. I'll be playing this version instead.

Thank you.

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
So I have gotten to the first choice and chose to go through the fort, upon making the choice I went a bit towards dark and it said fyuria's affection decreased.

So before I continue I must ask is the only way to romance characters through choices like these? Or is there another way as I dont want to be locked out of this girls route by accident. Just want to know so I can plan ahead.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes